Iphone 4 scratch repair

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Edking4, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Edking4 macrumors member

Just curious...anyway to repair some very very light scratches on the antenna band? They are driving me nuts.

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Not possible. It's not a surface that can be polished. It's a treated surface that would look worse if you tried to fool with it. Use a bumper or case to solve the problem.

It's not a phone that's made to be carried naked by someone that cares about the looks. :cool:

3. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

or that wants to make a call... at least where I live.

4. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

Wow!! talk about irony!! If you case about the looks, you better use a case to keep it from getting scratched. But, If you use a case you will never see the looks that you care so much about.!!!! its a catch 22

5. JCCL macrumors 6502a

Dude, after owning several iPods in the past and all four iPhone, I can tell you.....NEVER try to repair a scratch, you will end up making it even worse.

6. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

As a couple of people have said, it's not really easy (if at all possible!) to repair scratches and the best way to avoid them is to use a case.

7. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
    I got a ton of scuffs on the metal band from my :apple: bumper case and too found out anything I tried to do to make them go away, only made them worse. Put on an antenna wrap and forgot about them. Now if only I could do that to the scratch on the screen! :(