iPhone 4 screen and back shattered

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by vigu360, Sep 29, 2010.

1. vigu360 macrumors member

vigu360

Hey Guys, I dropped my phone and it shattered both my front and black glass and also I can see a crack on my screen. The phone itself looks real terrible as though someone stamped on it several times. I called Apple and they are sending me a replacement and I will be getting it tomorrow. Now that I have paid around 229 for the replacement will I be charged more if I send the device and they see that there's too much of damage or the 229 is flat rate? I spoke with senior iPhone advisor and she assured me that there won't be any more charge. I also requested an unlock iPhone 4, so will I be getting an unlocked one?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Don't know about the unlock, but the cost should not be more
    It should be a flat rate

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If it wasnt unlocked before the replacement wont be either. What carrier are you on? Are you in the US? Then you definitely not getting an unlocked iphone:D
    And you wont pay any more than the flat rate they charge for a replacement.

4. vigu360 thread starter macrumors member

vigu360

Thanks, I'm not from US and I didn't have an unlocked on before but the rep said that they might or may not send me the unlocked. So I have to wait until tomorrow to check. I love :apple: just because it's so easy to deal with replacements and their senior rep took care of the problem by all means.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I agree. Their customer service is excellent.