iPhone 4 Screen Brightness

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sheppy1, Jul 6, 2010.

1. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Hi guys, maybe a potential problem here, so when I first got my iPhone I turned off the Auto Brightness option and moved the brightness slider to about the half way point, that looked fine, the screen was fairly bright but last week the screen started to look a little dim so I went back into the settings and moved the slider up a bit further (to about the 75% mark), that looked like it did the week before when it was at the hal way point now this week that was starting to look a little dim too and I've had to move the slider up to about the 90% mark now and it looks the same as what the 50% mark did when I first got the phone, anyone here experienced this issue?

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Could it be that you're just getting used to it?

Have you popped into an apple store to compare yours against theirs?

3. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

After posting this I remembered that I'm using a new monitor, it was a replacement for my 5 year old rubbishy LCD monitor, when I first set it up I remember thinking that it was quite bright but I didn't adjust it, maybe I'm just used to using this new bright PC monitor and that's why my iPhone screen is looking a little dull, I will however do as you suggested and pop into an Apple store sometime this week and copmpre my phone to a few of the store demo models :)