iPhone 4 Screen Color Temperature - Green/Yellow Push

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnredcorn, Jun 25, 2010.

1. johnredcorn macrumors newbie

My iphone 4 color temperature (screen tint) has a slightly green/yellow push. My ipad has a warmer red push. I prefer the color on my ipad. I understand LCDs can vary greatly from unit to unit, but it is also possible that apple has chosen to calibrate the iphone displays differently from the ipad displays. Do all the new iphone 4s share this characteristic? Could anyone with an Iphone 4 and an ipad compare?

If no one has the slightest clue what I am talking about, I will try to post a comparison picture when I get home.

2. RobNor macrumors 6502

My iphone 4 is yellowish as well.Ipad more red/pink,3GS even more red than Ipad.

I believe this yellowish/green looking tint (when compared to the ipad/3GS) is more accurate than the others

3. ProMod macrumors 6502a

Yes, the new iPhones do have a cooler hue than the previous phones and (I guess) the iPad. Comparing mine side by side with some other iPhone 4s, mine is definitely the most bluish. They all vary, but they're all on the cool side.

I've been doing research on the implementation of ICC profiles in iOS4. Anyone have any more info on that?