iphone 4 screen compared to macbook?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    the iphone 4 screen will be so much infinitely better than my macbook's screen... Why the heck is that? larger screens are infinitely better for watching movies and reading....

yes, yes, I understand that it is crazy more expensive to make a screen like that big enough for a mb or imac. but still you would think they would be able to do something....

oh but my main point/ question is this. exactly how much better is the iphone screen? pixel density wise

2. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

Well, a Macbook has a 13.3 inch display running at 1280x800 resolution. That gives it 113.5 PPI (pixels per inch).

The iPhone 4 will have a 3.5 inch screen running at 960x640 resolution. That gives it a 329 PPI. In other words, its nearly 3x the sharpness over the macbooks screen.

3. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    that is pretty impressive. especially when u take into account the viewing angle

I hope a lot of this translates into better screens for computers

4. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

The iMac has a lot of pixels. I think double 1080p. It's esaier tho for a smaller screen.

5. Excluse macrumors member

My 15" Hi-Res MBP (1680x1050) comes in at 129 PPI if I worked it our correctly and it looks amazing.
    When people see the blank screen (w/ my wallpaper) and full brightness for the first time they simply go "wow!"

Almost 3 times the PPI I think I will cry the first time I see it in action.