iPhone 4 Screen Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lfc200, Dec 2, 2010.

1. lfc200 macrumors member

Over the past month when ever i unlock my iPhone or turn on the screen my iPhone screen flashes almost like it is taking a screenshot. This hasn't happened with any of my other iPhones and was wondering if anyone else has encountered the same problem and did they just have to get a replacement phone?

Thanks for any help

2. Nachos macrumors member

Nachos

Get Replacement

I think I had the same problem as you are describing. My previous iPhone was flashing white as well, and it looked like the screen had a ghost screen that jumped up and down really fast. Not that good description but didn't know how ells to describe it.

I tried practically anything and had it for repair 3 times. It’s a hardware problem that you can't fix.

Sorry to say so, but if its the same problem..... Get a new.

3. RedburnIV macrumors regular

RedburnIV

I get this every so often, but not every time I unlock my phone. I'm on my 4th replacement and every one of them did this occasionally. If it bugs ya that much, try to get it fixed or replaced, but you may get the same thing with another phone.

4. mike423 macrumors regular

mike423

Take it to Apple Store they will reinstall the software, or you can do it yourself as well.

Cheers!!!:)

5. JonTa macrumors member

If there would hardware issue you would get this all the time, not occasionally, so its a software bug somewhere, tho mine is fine.

6. lfc200 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone for the replies, it was just something that I hadnt heard of before so was wondering had any others encountered it.

It doesn't bother me as such it's just that I know it shouldn't be doing it, so kinda worrying me. I'll give apple a call I guess and see will they send me out a replacement.

7. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

It's not a hardware issue, more software. I noticed this also when I first got my 4 and compared it to the 3GS. Someone mentioned how it's probably caused if your lock screen wallpaper is different from your home screen wallpaper. The phone has to switch to the correct background quickly from sleep once you unlock your screen.