Iphone 4 screen messed up, get in here (pics included)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MRimei, Dec 18, 2013.

1. MRimei macrumors newbie

Ok, this iphone 4 was dropped in water a month or so ago. It wouldn't turn on when I got it.
    I opened it up and put a new battery in it, plugged it to the cable, fired right up, worked fine.
    About an hour later the screen would flicker into a grey/white haze and would flash back to the normal screen for minutes or seconds. This issue is still persisting. I tried to reset it and it seemed to help but then it started up again. The battery in it is at 20% charge atm.
    Here are some pics to give you an example.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

Could be hardware. Have it checked at an apple store.

3. MRimei, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013

MRimei thread starter macrumors newbie

I did a complete tear down and put it back together in case the two ribbons for the lcd were lose.
    Screen seems to be working but its so low on battery it will just show the connect to charger icon.
    It will not charge when I plug it in. Everything is connected and secure hardware wise.
    Any way I can get this to charge? I tried two chargers, one outlet and a usc to pc.

Went ahead and ordered a new charging port. I suspect this will fix things based off the symptoms. Also since it was a water damaged.