iPhone 4 - Screen protection, what have you done?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boy-better-know, Jun 30, 2010.

1. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Hi,
    got my iphone on the 25th and i'm waiting on my Zagg screen protection. For the time being i have left the original see through screen protector on that comes with the phone on both the back and front when you first take it out of the box. However, I have heard that leaving it on for a long time can make the bubbles that have appeared become a permanant mark on the screen. if anyone can confirm this then i shall take it off right now. i just dont want to get any scratches on it. Has anyone else still got the original screen cover on?

ps. Have any of you from the U.K. ordered off the official Zagg website, how long did it take to ship, I chose 1st class.

Thanks.

2. the-oz-man macrumors 6502

the-oz-man

I put one of my leftover unused power support 3G screens on my iPhone 4. It's not a perfect fit, but will do just fine until I get the new power support screen in.

3. nszzya macrumors member

I did the same thing, but the original doesn't cling very well and started to lift off. I worried about something getting between the protector and the screen and abrading the screen from repetitive motion. I've removed it and am being very careful until Friday when my Wrapsol Ultra arrives.

4. xmtgx macrumors regular

Nothing, never used a screen protector never will, never had a single hairline on my screen either.
    Now for the back I put something on it, a gelaskins/bodyguardz etc...

5. Alphaspida macrumors member

You still have the original plastic covers on your iPhone?

Lmfao. You do know that it doesn't really protect it, except for the fingerprints which can be easily cleaned

6. Focker macrumors member

My wife & I went with the Zagg IS, full body, on both of our IP4's. Our first experience with Zagg. We both like it so far. I had them installed at the Zagg kiosk at our local mall. It covers the front, back, and most of the metal band. I like the fact that it adds a bit adhesive grip to the phone, so it doesn't feel as slippery in hand. We've both decided to go caseless. Hope this helps,

Focker

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I simply bought a phone with a tough glass face. It's worked out really well for over 2 years now!

8. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

I still have the factory plastic on the back. I cut off the tab at the bottom and the corner where the camera and flash are. It protects just fine until I decide what to do about a skin for the back. I also don't want to put something on only to have to remove it because of a defect on the phone. So I am breaking it in. If nothing is wrong, I will add something. Also when apple sees fit to tell us what the issue is with reception, that would help too.

As for the screen, never used a screen protector. Never had an issue either. I dropped my 3G one and my 3GS once as well. Nay an issue. My iP4 won't have one either.

I suggest to those that don't like fingerprints, don't take the phone out of the box. Take it back. Remember it's a phone. Lol

9. dahonam macrumors newbie

10. anthem550 macrumors member

Nothing. I like mine naked and don't want anything to take away from the amazing screen

11. thelumpya2 macrumors regular

thelumpya2

I'm also waiting on the power support crystal film protector.. You really can't see it at all, its perfect.

The Zagg stuff sucks, its all orange peely and really hinders the beauty of the extremely high resolution screen on the iphone 4.

12. swoods93631 macrumors regular

I went with the Bodyguardz as I used them for my 3G and found them to last at least a year with no issues. I do not in anyway see these clear skins having any effect on the clarity or brightness of the retina display. I will not have to worry about anything in my pocket or on my desk scratching the glass.

13. JadedBen macrumors regular

I bought a pack of 6 protectors of eBay for a couple of quid, they may be cheap but can work well, the 99p one I put on my 3G is still on there 2 years later.

I wasn't going to do the back, but after putting the front one on I've notice it sits flush with the plastic ridge between the glass & metal which smooths it off nicely, so will do the back to balance it out :)

14. psywzrd macrumors 68030

How are the Bodyguardz with fingerprints? Are they a fingerprint magnet?