iPhone 4, screen protector and or compatible case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jpowermacg4, Aug 4, 2010.

1. jpowermacg4 macrumors newbie

Hey, I'm getting my first iPhone shipped today (iPhone 4 delivered by FedEx from AT&T online), and was wondering if I should get a screen protector (does the screen scratch easily?). I'm also wondering if there are any cases that are compatible with screen protectors if I do get a screen protector.

I'm mainly interested in the dry install screen protectors, after reading these forums about the differences with them.

I've concluded that if I do get a Screen Protector.. that I'll probably be going with Power Support 2-piece Crystal Front and Back film set
    (Didn't notice this set till just now, only saw the 3 piece with Anti-glare kit before, but i don't think i'll want to lower the screen quality so won't be switching.)

Anyways, are there any cases (Apple Free, or Paid) that are compatible with the screen protectors. I've seen lots of people say the Bumper and the Speck PixelSkin HD (the free one, i would probably get from Apple via Free Case Program), can cause the screen protectors to bubble, and peel up.

So I was wondering if anyone knows what I should do.

Also... does anyone know how the Power Support compares to the iPhone screen in terms of fingerprints? (i hear PS Crystal a magnet for them? I'm guessing iPhone screen > PS crystal?)

2. nelly41 macrumors regular

That all depends on your preference for screen protectors. There are more and more threads on power support crystal and anti glare hd screen protectors. Just read reviews and take a look at the pictures to see what you would like. People have said that the crystal is a fingerprint magnet. I personally have on the anti glare and I love it. No finger prints, easy glide, and minor reduction in overall clarity.

As for your cases, same thing. It's all preference. However some cases will cover the back side as well so I don't think you would need the back film for the phone. But if you get a bumper, then sure why not? Lol. I have the wrapsol back and sides on my phone with anti glare front and reveal case. I'm done forking money on these accessories. Lol.