iPhone 4 screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by zachcheatham, Sep 6, 2010.

1. zachcheatham macrumors regular

zachcheatham

I'm thinking about putting a screen protector on the front of my iphone 4, now that I have noticed how scratch prone it is compared to my older iphones, and I think I am going to get the Power Support Anti-Glare.

Is this a good one to buy compared to the crystal clear? Anyone with the antiglare on their phone, how is it? And I was wondering how to keep dust out while installing it. Thanks!

2. djgulia macrumors 6502

I have no experience with the crystal, but I love the anti-glare. It does dull the screen a bit, but it's worth it for the anti-glare and less fingerprints.

To avoid dust, I clean the screen with pre-moistened lens wipes first.

3. ikaveh macrumors regular

i had both and i really prefer crystal
    its gorgous and it really feels nice comparing to anti-glare. if you dont mind some reflection go for crystall

4. zachcheatham thread starter macrumors regular

zachcheatham

How noticeable is the quality reduction with the anti-glare? Any comparison pics?

5. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Anti-glare is what I use since my first iPod Touch on all iPods, iPhones and iPads. Nicer to see and keeps the fingerprints under control.

6. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

Best way I can explain it is, is the retina display something that you get all warm and fuzzy about? If so, get crystal. If you appreciate the quality of the display but it's not something you smile to yourself about a few times a day, then AG might be ok.

There is a noticeable difference, but it's subtle enough to not matter to you unless you want the last bit of clarity possible from your display. I used to always use AG, but I LOVE the quality of the retina display, and I can't live with a protector that obscures the clarity, even a little.