iPhone 4 screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jpiszcz, Jun 10, 2010.

1. jpiszcz macrumors regular

Hello,

I currently use the New Power Support Crystal Film Set for the iPhone 3GS, anyone have any recommendations or know if they're coming out with a similar product for the iPhone 4?

Or know of any other products that will do the job until they release a product for the iPhone 4?

2. Star-fire macrumors 6502

I'm sure they will. I just bought the zagg invisible shield for the front and back for half off, so I figured why not!

3. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

These types of products are always available. There are already some announced by the major case/film companies. Invisible Shield already announced theirs.

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

It's glass, why would you put a screen protector on it?

5. tmthydunne macrumors newbie

i have exclusively used the Power Support Anti-Glare screen protectors on my iPhones and emailed them inquiring about when the iPhone 4 protectors would be available. this is what i got back:

"We will carry iPhone 4g accessories in the future. The scheduled launch date for the iPhone 4g is June, 24 2010. We will begin product development at that time. Please continue to check the website, as it will be updated as soon as we receive it in stock."

i'm going w/ a Bumper and the front and back screen protectors. however, i will probably lose the Bumper once the initial "babying" phase ends.

6. cherylzyx macrumors member

cherylzyx

I have an iPod Touch (2nd gen) that I have been very protective of but it still has a scratch on the glass. The scratch is tiny and hard to see when the iPod is off but when I'm browsing the internet it is noticeable because the light shines through the scratch differently than through the rest of the screen.

I posted a thread titled "Will the iPhone 4 need a screen protector film?" yesterday because I didn't see this one. In that I also asked:

Have the materials improved enough with the iPhone 4 not to have to worry about scratches?

If I need to buy a protective film, which one? I really love the smooth feel of the glass on my Touch, is there a protective film that preserves that feel?

I didn't worry about a protective film for my iPod and now I have scratches. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

7. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

I don't get screen protectors so much to avoid scratches, I get them mainly for the antiglare abilities :) Idk what it is, I just can't stand a glossy touch screen, and the PS Anti Glare has worked well so far

8. Built macrumors 68020

Wow...that's disappointing that Power Support will not start developing a protector until launch date.

9. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

Because anyone with at least a room temperature IQ knows that glass can be scratched. Oh, and no it doesn't take "diamonds or sand" so don't go down that of "wow, do you walk around with diamonds in ur pocketz, OMG wow!!"

10. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I think the glass should be pretty durable but at the very least I want to install the zagg protector on the back of the phone since that'll be the side I place down on pretty much every surface when I put my phone down. I've never had a screen protector on the front of my current iPhone but I've never put my phone doen face first on anything either.

11. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

I emailed them as well and got pretty much the same reply. Indeed it is dissapointing they won't have their products available at launch. I'll wait for their film, but I'm pretty sure they'll lose out on many sales to zagg and other competitors by launching later.

Also, the idea of protective film on the rear is also appealing. I wonder if they will release a product like that as well.

12. Built macrumors 68020

I have been a Power Support Crystal shield user since my 1st iPhone in mid-2007....Never been tempted to use anything else.

...but because of their delay, I just ordered the Wrapsol.

13. cherylzyx macrumors member

cherylzyx

Do any of you have experience with Zagg films? I was planning to make the little kiosk in the mall my first stop after getting my iPhone. I figure the guy running that thing has had lots of experience putting them on and would do a much better job and faster than I ever could.

What can you tell me about Zagg's products? Are they anti-glare? Do they have a texture to them or are they smooth like the glass? How well do they hold up? If you use one can you tell immediately that your phone has a film on it or is it fairly invisible?

14. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

This is all based of BestSkinsEver and GadgetShieldz (and pictures I've seen of IS), basically the same as Zagg, but much cheaper since they don't spend money on advertising or packaging.

1. Well, I'll answer your other questions to answer this one.
    2. Nope.
    3.Yes, and it really sucks, IMO. The orange-peel is pretty bad. I really hate this and will go with crystal films (praying that Power Support has crystal for the front and back) for my iPhone 4.
    4. Fairly well. If you only put them on the glass front and back, it should last a year or more. Mine only peels on the bezel on my iPhone 3G.
    5. I can tell. Easily...but I have a thing for noticing stuff. I think the average person will notice something on the front after a few minutes.

15. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I don't know why more people don't buy Wrapsol. In every review I have read, in every comparison to Zagg, Ghost Armor, Bodyguards, etc... Wrapsol is always on top as best protection and consistently rated 10/10.

Yes, it has a matte finish. No, it doesn't yellow over time like Zagg. It's been dropped from great heights and and drug behind a car at 35mph and the phone has come out unscathed.

It has my vote. I already preordered mine. Don't forget to use the 20% off discount code CHATTER.

16. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Just in case ... accidents can and invariably will happen.

A small bit of hard dust in your pocket rubbing up against that screen can scratch.

I remember my first generation iPod touch screen got scratched, and it was in my left hip pocket ... no keys, no loose change. There must have been a hard spec of something or other in there that rubbed off the screen and left a nice little two inch score down the display.

17. trssho macrumors 6502

If you can believe what you see and hear....

The "unbreakable" phone in this video uses the same gorilla glass that the new iPhone is going to have. Looks to me like this glass would be quite resilient to scratching based on the videos I have looked at, as it relates to the "gorilla glass". I am sure it can break, but scratches will not come easy. Oh, and these screen protectors do not prevent (very much) breakage from drops. I would define their purpose as to prevent scratches. (and anti-glare, which I cant stand personally)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWqG1Y2OYTM

18. applefan022 macrumors 6502

i just ordered my iPhone 4 invisibleSHEILD full body going to use that with the apple orange bumper!

19. AK10R macrumors regular

My wife and I have invisbleSHIELD on our 2G’s for two and a half years. There is no tinting that I can see and no pealing on the edges. I am very impressed with the durability. My surface is still perfect.

I put them on when I first got the phones. I see no reason not to put them on our new phones even with the new glass.

20. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

I've never used wrapsol before, but i was wondering, it the ultra drop + scratch resistance thicker than the original only scratch resistance? The reason i ask is i plan on buying a vaja case, and ive seen some vaja cases stretched out from invisible shields and i want to make sure these wouldn't do that. I only plan on using the front film so am really only concerned about the thickness of one piece of film.

21. aarong50 macrumors regular

Tried the discount code not working.

22. Espo macrumors 6502

I was thinking wrapsol but the matte finish, i think, will make the iP4 look like plastic. Anyone think the same?

I have Bodyguardz on my iPhone 3G. They offer a lifetime warranty and I have replaced it once due to a replacement phone. I like the finish, and it doesnt make the phone feel too different, but I think in comparison to the new ip4 glass, it will make it have a different feel. I'm just gonna wait it out for a week & see how people react to thier ip4 wit the skins.

23. euphrus macrumors member

same thing...protector skins with bumper on the new iphone

24. S.beezy macrumors newbie

I just pre-ordered 2 wrapsol full body kits for $39 shipped.Used the promo code CHATTER

25. aarong50 macrumors regular

I got it to work after using the code - but make sure chatter is lowercase.