iPhone 4 Screen Replacement Trouble

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by zythergunwing, May 11, 2012.

1. zythergunwing macrumors newbie

May 11, 2012
    I had to buy a new screen for my iPhone 4 (LCD, Screen Digitizer, etc.). I installed the new assembly, and I turned on the power and the screen was all white, but it was not the "white screen of death". I could barely make out the Apple logo, and then about a minute later, I was at the lock screen and, again, I could barely make anything out. Now i can see better than before, but there are vertical lines and everything looks like it was on negative. I went online, did some research. These are the things I did: did the "white screen of death" procedure. plugged the phone in and restored it. And I took off the film on the LCD.
    If you could please help, that would be much appreciated.
  2. yateseyd1991 macrumors regular

Jun 23, 2011
    Sounds like you may have damaged the ribbon cable attaching the lcd to the motherboard, or indeed a faulty lcd. Try re-seating the ribbon cable, or failing that, you may need another lcd

:apple: iPhone 4S 32GB White, iPad 3 16GB WiFi Black, iPod 5.5G 80GB, Shure SE425's :apple: