iPhone 4 Screen won't turn on!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eddiejsmall, Aug 6, 2010.

1. eddiejsmall macrumors member

Just got an iPhone 4 replaced by Apple in Louisville today. The phone worked great, and I was extremely excited about the replacement process. Got home, and restored as new phone, and then updated to 4.0.1. Once the update was complete, I walked over to turn it on to unlock the screen.

Didn't turn on, held the bottom button. Didn't turn on. Held both buttons, did not turn on. It looks like the screen is on, i can see a change in color in the lcd. phone makes all noises when restarting in itunes, and syncing, but no response in getting the screen on.

Any ideas?

2. celticpride678

Put the phone into DFU mode and restore again.

3. theone09 macrumors regular

if you think it's on, then you use any phone to call it to see if you hear any ringtone from your iphone. The last 2 weeks, my iphone 4 screen completely was out. I used a phone to call it, i still got the ringtone from the iphone, but the screen was still out. I brought it back to a local Apple store to get the replacement.

4. eddiejsmall thread starter macrumors member

Whats the process in getting it into DFU mode

5. eddiejsmall thread starter macrumors member

DFU Mode did not work! The problem is that the only appointment I can get at a Genius Bar is two days away. What am i suppose to do!?!?