iPhone 4 Screen won't turn on!

eddiejsmall

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
Just got an iPhone 4 replaced by Apple in Louisville today. The phone worked great, and I was extremely excited about the replacement process. Got home, and restored as new phone, and then updated to 4.0.1. Once the update was complete, I walked over to turn it on to unlock the screen.

Didn't turn on, held the bottom button. Didn't turn on. Held both buttons, did not turn on. It looks like the screen is on, i can see a change in color in the lcd. phone makes all noises when restarting in itunes, and syncing, but no response in getting the screen on.

Any ideas?

theone09

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2008
if you think it's on, then you use any phone to call it to see if you hear any ringtone from your iphone. The last 2 weeks, my iphone 4 screen completely was out. I used a phone to call it, i still got the ringtone from the iphone, but the screen was still out. I brought it back to a local Apple store to get the replacement.

eddiejsmall

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
DFU Mode did not work! The problem is that the only appointment I can get at a Genius Bar is two days away. What am i suppose to do!?!?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.