Iphone 4 screws smaller than 00?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Canoncowgirl, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Canoncowgirl macrumors newbie

I'm attempting to replace the front glass on my iphone 4 but haven't got past the bottom screws :( They're a standard philips head (so not the newer torx style) but they are NOT 00. A 00 screwdriver looks so huge next to these screws, I might as well be trying to use a shovel (a philips shovel :p). I purchased it pretty much as soon as the 4s were available, has anyone heard of early 4s having a different sized screw? If so what the heck could it be? It's super tiny!

(just for clarification: by "4s" I mean the plural of iphone 4, not the iphone 4S)

2. Canoncowgirl thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok alternate question: Is it possible to have the "wrong" philips 00 screwdriver? I finally got the bottom screws out (had to use a flat head screwdriver & some superglue) but the 00 screwdriver also doesn't fit any of the internal screws. Isn't the whole thing supposed to be 00?

3. LT1FirebirdSLP macrumors newbie

It may not be correct in the eyes of professional technicians however, I have found 000 philips along with a bit of pressure is exactly what is needed on most of the internals of the iPhone 3GS, 4 and 4S. Try that.

4. harrisonw1998 macrumors regular

It is 00, however some screwdrivers may not be of the highest quality and don't fit properly. The smaller they are, the harder it is to ensure the accuracy of it.