iPhone 4 "Searching" or "No service" for no reason...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sophlh7, Apr 11, 2012.

1. sophlh7 macrumors newbie

So, I have an iphone 4, and for the past several months it hasn't been getting reception in places where it should be. For example, I've had the phone for over a year, and up until recently I would have 4 bars in my home. Now its either "searching" or theres "no service". I can only communicate with others who have imessaging when I'm at home. This happens in other places where I used to have service. I know this isn't a network problem because pretty much everybody i know has the same phone and carrier and nobody else is having problems.

I have restored my phone twice, and I've taken it to several repair places. Each time they opened the phone to look at the antenna to see if it was broken, or its placement was off, and each time they found nothing wrong. I have no idea if this is a software or hardware issue, and I really need it fixed. I might as well just have an ipod touch. Please help. Thanks!

2. destroyed92 macrumors newbie

I think its ur hardware issue..
    Did u drop ur phone or smethng?
    I hav an iphone4 too,and experiencing same problem..
    U can atleast use ur phone as an ipod touch,i cant even do dat...:(:(

----------

Its not the antenna thats causing the prblm,its ur baseband chip..!!