iPhone 4 security

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rieuk, Aug 24, 2011.

1. rieuk macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Just wondering, what's stopping someone grabbing my iPhone while I'm away, connecting it to a PC with iTunes, creating a backup and then returning the phone to be able to look at all my personal info on said backup at his/her leisure?

2. rieuk thread starter macrumors newbie

The way I see it is that anyone who is able to get their hands on your iPhone even for a minute can basically pull everything off it (including email passwords) and thus leave you with no privacy whatsoever. Is this really the case?

3. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

I dont think so, if its not synced to that computer it shouldn't be able to make a backup. It might be able to restore the phone wiping all the information off. But of course I've never tried it.. guess you need to try it first.

4. rieuk thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I only have access to computers that I've already synced with at the moment...but I see your point. However I click the "delete sync history" button under preferences in iTunes but the iPhone still syncs no questions asked. Is this normal?