iPhone 4 security?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Korovka, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Korovka macrumors member

Korovka

Does iPhone 4 encryption cracks as easy as in 3GS, or they replaced weak security chip with a new one?

2. Korovka thread starter macrumors member

Korovka

Today a lot of people will have their new iPhones. So I up the theme and ask again about its security strength. Here is a link for 3G weakness: http://www.iphoneinsecurity.com/

3. Korovka thread starter macrumors member

Korovka

4. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

So when you say easily, I'm assuming you can do this without that toolkit?

Also, don't bump. It's against the rules.

5. Korovka thread starter macrumors member

Korovka

Easily = each stolen or lost iPhone may be cracked by someone who have the tools or enough knowledge to do that without tools. The problem that iPhone's encryption don't protect data -- so I'd like to know if iPhone 4 security becomes better.

6. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

If you can remove the passcode then the device will sync.

A simple way to force backup encryption a simple way to do this is configure a profile that is signed for your device and that will require a backup password. Disallow removal of the profile.

Also, it would be interesting to see what would happen if the passcode was required through an Exchange or profile policy. Might have to go try.

Also, although mail is backed up it should be protected by a further layer of encryption, however I haven't inspected a backup to see if it stays backed up.

I don't know if the law enforcement toolkit will work on the iPhone 4 yet. Also, it's only available to law enforcement.

7. Korovka thread starter macrumors member

Korovka