iPhone 4 self deleting photos???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IshDish, Apr 5, 2011.

1. IshDish macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Help, my iphone4 is deleting pictures from my camera roll? I recently went from 260 pics in my camera roll to 86 this AM. Does anyone know why this would happen? I lost a few in the past, but these were vacation and family pics, I'm very sad, please help :(

2. TimShady macrumors member

Did they get synced with your computer and deleted off your phone maybe?

I found out the hard way that picture messages don't last forever in your text conversation if you don't save them. Lost several that way.

3. IshDish thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thanks Tim, actually don't have a working computer right now, and this phone is 2 months new. The photos were there yesterday and vanished today....???

4. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

lots of details are missing from this story. What did he do yesterday, what has he done today (in regards to his phone). No way for us to know unless we have details about what he has done with his phone. typically photos don't just delete themselves. There is usually a common denominator.

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

The only means I'm aware of to delete images are by doing so manually from the Camera Roll/Photos app or after importing to a computer. Syncing the iPhone with a computer would only remove pictures that were no longer in iPhoto or within the application or folder on the computer that holds the pictures which are synced to the iPhone.

6. IshDish thread starter macrumors newbie

Clutch/Jedi , I'm confused myself, it almost seems like they were somehow moved to make space or on some kind of timed delete? My whole Chicago trip gone, excepet for videos???? I have no clue, anyone experience anything like this?