iPhone 4 shipped to another address?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by exe163, Aug 3, 2010.

1. exe163 macrumors regular

I want to buy and iphone 4, but I will be going to my college far from home before the estimate delivery time. AFAIK, online order of iphone 4 only ship to the billing address of the phone bill. I won't have anyone from our house to sign and reship the phone to me at least for a while.

So, is there anyway to buy the iphone online and ship to my college dorm? (not to add that will save me some money on the horrid CA tax)

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

is their an Apple Store near your current home or college? might be easier to try a Walk-In purchase rather than dealing with online order.

3. Brandon3003 macrumors member

After you order it, log in to your account on the apple store to check the status of the order and you can edit the shipping address there :D I believe this only works if you order directly from apple, won't work if you order from AT&T.

That's what I ended up doing since my brother (the account holder) is in another city and it worked fine.

4. Komiksulo macrumors 6502

What a pain. This must be an AT&T policy. I was able to order from the Canadian Apple Store, have it billed to my address in Toronto, and shipped to another (Canadian) address outside Toronto.

5. exe163 thread starter macrumors regular

(We cannot ship to PO boxes or APO and FPO addresses.)

The address change did work, I get error that they wont ship to PO boxes. The address I get has a box number on it. I really don't know how it works.

Local is out of the question. I am currently outside of US, and will go straight to my school when it starts in few weeks. I don't have a car in my school area, so I can't drive to store.

6. Azk02 macrumors newbie

Thats strange. I was able to order the iPhone 4 from ATT and have it shipped to my work. The billing address was for my house of course. Not sure why it wouldnt be working for you guys.