iPhone 4 shipping? AT&T vs BB.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JenniferMary*, Jul 4, 2010.

1. JenniferMary* macrumors member

JenniferMary*

I ordered my iPhone4 on Wednesday (June 30). AT&T.com says it will ship in 7-10 business days but someone I work with (at Best Buy) says that it's going to be delayed atleast 14days. Does anyone know if this is true or not? I know my BB isn't due to get another shipment until the middle of July.

Also, is the iPhone shipped using 2day or overnight?

2. srs148 macrumors newbie

Probably coming sooner than you think...

I previously had one on order from Apple with a July 14 ship date, but cancelled it and ordered from the ATT website on Tuesday (6/29). When I placed the order, I received the same message as you that it would ship within 7-10 business days. I received an email from ATT on Thursday that my iPhone would ship within 24-72 hours.

Lo and behold, I received an email from my mailroom at work on Friday morning (7/2) that I had a delivery. Sure enough, it was my wife's new iphone... just in time for our week at the beach! ATT shipped it via Fedex standard overnight from Dallas.

It goes without saying that it's an amazing machine, but neither my wife nor I can get over how much sharper the display is. The 'retina' display is all it was cracked up to be, at least to us. Oh, and the pictures and video are stunning... goodbye point-and-shoot camera, this is all we need!

Good luck!

3. JenniferMary* thread starter macrumors member

JenniferMary*

That's awesome! I really can't wait. Did you order the 32GB or the 16GB?

4. srs148 macrumors newbie

The 16GB model is all we need. I still can't get over how crisp it is and how good the video and still capture is. If you owned a prior generation iPhone, you'll appreciate it that much more.

By the way, when i ordered it, I don't remember whether or not I had the option to expedite the shipping, but definitely did not upgrade. So my guess is that Fedex standard overnight must be their shipping method of choice.

5. JenniferMary* thread starter macrumors member

JenniferMary*

I had the 16GB 3GS and it was perfect for me. I always had a lot of space and no problems. For some reason, I decided to get the 32GB this time and I guess that's the one that's shipping is taking a lot longer. Figures. I was going to get the 16 in the first place, my friend talked me into the 32. I've been on the forums all day looking at pictures and reading and it's just making me more and more impatient! I can't wait for it! You're lucky :)