iPhone 4 Shipping from Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ginsengbomb, Jun 16, 2010.

1. ginsengbomb macrumors member

Does anybody know how Apple typically ships iPhone preorders? I am wondering how trackable the shipment is once actually shipped and what time it typically arrives. I have an ongoing work-from-home option with my employer but have a few meetings to attend to on the 24th and am just wondering if I need to start coming up with some reason why I suddenly have to participate by phone.

Apologies in advance if this is already covered elsewhere -- I tried searching but had no luck.

2. drewby macrumors member

drewby

Normally, I believe, they ship UPS; however, last year with my 3GS then sent mine FedEx. Apple will provide you with a tracking number once it ships, so around the 22nd or so.

As for when, this depends on your UPS/FedEx driver's route. Last year they let me ship it to my work address, where we regularly receive UPS & FedEx shipments, almost like clockwork. I remember the FedEx delivery driver saying she had a bunch of "these same packages" on her route that day.

I will be taking the 24th off as I was required this time to ship to my home "billing address." Too bad I have NO IDEA when they typically make deliveries to my home neighborhood.

3. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

With the 3GS, my phone was supposedly still in Alaska when it was delivered to my office. So it isn't very accurate, obviously.

4. dave006 Contributor

dave006

You will receive a Apple Store Shipment Notification for your iPhone 4. This email will identify the shipping company and provide you a tracking hyperlink so you can track your shipment as it make's its way to your door.

Apple standard policy is to require an signature on delivery.

Delivery Note:

All shipments except those delivered by the U.S. Postal Service require a signature on delivery. However, we offer an easy way to sign for your package even if you can't be present. Click here for details. (the Click) will be a hyperlink to your order and provide instructions on what to do if you are not available to sign for the delivery.

Tracking information may not be immediately available. U.S. Postal Service and other carriers may not provide tracking information. If you have questions about this shipment, please read Frequently Asked Questions about shipping.​
    Dave

5. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

which sucks for people like me because FedEx or the Up's Man don't deliver to my area of town until late afternoon.

6. erzeszut macrumors regular

They come via FedEx, direct from China. You'll get a tracking number when it ships.

As for what time it arrives, that all depends on your local FedEx office, and where you fall on the route.

7. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Not exactly, last year for the iPhone 3GS Launch the iPhones arrived at your door via UPS or FedEX.

Mine came directly from the Foxconn in Shenzhen China via UPS with a stop in Alaska for Fuel and then Louisville KY at the UPS WorldHub for customs and onload to regional distribution hubs ( phone hit WorldHub after 12:00 AM June 19 and was at my door by 10:15, delivered by my usual UPS guy.

Other units came via FedEx so stay tuned for those tracking treads.... coming to a forum near you...:eek: :D

Dave

8. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

I have ordered items in the past, but I am unable to remember. Can anyone sign for the package? Or does it have to be the person on the box?

9. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Any adult can sign.

10. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Anyone know the process if pre-ordered through ATT?

Are they still shipped from Apple and they pull over all the pre-order info from ATT when I entered it?

Im just hoping there is not a problem when Apple pulls the info from ATT and sees my shipping address is different than my billing address.

Wasnt a problem with ATT but hopefully it wont be one when Apple ships.

11. mike4 macrumors member

12. drewc1138 macrumors 6502

And with FedEx, you have the option to presign, and leave the form hanging on the door, if you don't mind having them leave the package on your doorstep.

13. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Anytime Apple used FedEx for my deliveries( which were my computers. UPS was used for my small Apple orders), they got here at 9:30 am.

So I am confident if my iPhone ships with FedEx, I will get it at around 9:30 am as well.

14. thornguy macrumors regular

I see someone mentioned coming directly from China
    Where else are the Apple Warehouses?

15. ttech10 macrumors 6502

I ordered my 3GS through AT&T last year and it went through the same process as those who ordered from Apple.

The exact same route dave006's went.

16. A Y macrumors newbie

Hopefully, this won't spoil it, but I just successfully changed my shipping address for the iPhone 4 from my home address to my office address. I know some people didn't like that they had to ship it to their billing address.

I ordered it through the online Apple store.

17. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

Last year when I ordered my MBP it came FedEx.

But this is the first time I have ever done a pre-order for launch day so I don't know what to expect. Either way- if it comes after I've left for work it's no big deal. I waited months for this damn phone, I can wait another 6 hours.

OR CAN I?!

18. TattoozNTech macrumors newbie

TattoozNTech

iPhone 4 delivery anticipation!

FYI, at time of purchase, your billing/shipping addresses have to match, but you can go back and change your shipping address to any you'd like once your pre-order goes through. i was also disappointed about this initially, as you were, til i went back to check and found I could change my ship-to address. Mine is now goin to my office, where *i think* we usually get morning Fed-Ex deliveries! :) good luck all... :apple:

19. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

I got mine today.