Iphone 4 Showing new messages when there are not any

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Stuart21, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Stuart21 macrumors member

I have noticed that my mail app will sometimes show that I have new messages when I do not. I go through every email to try and find it and I can't. This has happened to me a lot and was wondering if anyone else has been having problems with this. It will eventually go away whenever I recieve a new email or something.

2. cfairbank macrumors 6502

I have this issue as well. Notification shows I have new mail but when I open it is not there. However, if I close out of the inbox and open another folder, for instance drafts, then close that and reopen inbox the mail is there. Some kind of bug.

3. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

Also I have found out that "force quitting" the mail app in multitasking helps with this issue.

4. nkr1974 macrumors regular

i had that issue with my 3G once i upgraded to 4.0. i now have the IP4 and have had it happen a couple of times now. it happened again today and i actually power down the phone and when i turn it back on, the email is there. i should try the force quit in multitasking the next time it happens.

5. pbrooks macrumors regular

pbrooks

I don't think it's an issue with the iPhone 4. It's a bug in iOS4. I figure it has something to do with Mail running in the background under the new multitasking scheme. I bet it gets fixed in 4.1.

6. nkr1974 macrumors regular

i think you're absolutely right now that i think about it. it happened on my 3G when i first updated to IOS4. How do we tell them of the problem or do you think they already know?