Iphone 4 shows "No Service" after 5.0.1 jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hrhkingjames, Apr 21, 2012.

1. hrhkingjames macrumors newbie

I had an Iphone 4 that AT&T just unlocked for me. Unfortunately, the battery stopped charging and I returned it to Apple and got a replacement ($149). I asked if it was unlocked and they said I would have to do that with AT&T again.

Anyway, I got home and activated it. I popped in my T-Mobile sim and it worked! The phone came with 5.0.1. After the jailbreak I had "no service". I restored the phone, which bumped it up to 5.1 and still had the "no service". I put my old AT&T sim in and their name and bars appear. Any ideas how to fix this?

Strange that a new phone was already unlocked and then the jailbreak undone that.

I also called AT&T and gave them the IMEI number. She said it wasn't eligible, so I explained the story and she put in the request anyway.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You try a reset network?
    Did you activate it with your tmobile sim?
    Also every time you replace the phone having to chase AT&T to unlock it again doesnt make any sense. That's not how it works in every other country that Apple sells iphones.
    Weird situation...

3. hrhkingjames thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I tried the network reset. When I activated the phone, it told me to insert a supported sim, so I removed the Tmob one and put the AT&T back in. After the activation, I put it back in and it just popped up!

Apple told me to go through AT&T since the phone seemed to be locked to them after all this, but I also raised a 'ticket' with them. Seeing as I gave them an unlocked phone, I expected that in return.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, seems like they gave you an AT&T locked iphone instead.
    Its weird how they dont have it setup the right way where you hand in an unlocked iphone you get the same in return. Doesnt make much sense, hope they fix that down the road.

5. hrhkingjames thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm just confused as to why it accepted the Tmobile sim in the first place.

I guess I should have told the Apple people that I will only accept an unlocked phone, since they took that off me.

I logged this yesterday, so maybe I'll have an email tomorrow...