iPhone 4 shuts off randomly while sleep

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by binny812, Jun 29, 2010.

1. binny812 macrumors newbie

I got my iPhone 4 last Thursday and it came with couple annoying defects, as you probably all heard (yellow blots, reception problem)

Nothing is more annoying than when I pull my iPhone out of my pocket, it's turned off. Or as I was teaching piano lesson today with my iPhone visible in sight, it decided to reboot all by itself for some reason (during lesson I comically said,"my phone is acting crazy").

There is no way that it is accidental button hold. It must be some kind of software glitch.

What is going on?? Is this just me?

2. drkrobotnik macrumors newbie

the same thing has happened to me twice!!

I was late for work because of it yesterday.

took it to the apple store at the galleria and all the guy did was put it on the charger and hold the reset buttons for 10 seconds

I thought it was because of a dead battery but there was still 10% left

it literally JUST happened which brought me searching to this page. thing is my phone (when revolted) has 91% battery.

I could not reboot it without plugging it into the power source.

I am going to take it back and get something more reliable if it happens again.

please tell me there is a fix for this

-drkrobotnik

3. zjmuse macrumors member

This happened to me, would not wake up after sleeping.

It happened 9 times until I finally brought it back. The crappy thing is that the phone does not log that it has crashed so it not stored in the diagnostics that the Genius will look at when you bring it in.

Second iPhone 4 now doesnt have vibrate and has the green blob in the camera.

4. drkrobotnik macrumors newbie

ended up talking to tech support for a few hours.

I restored and didn't set up as a new phone and it still did it so I just went and got a new phone

still don't know what the problem is, but I have a working phone so I'm happy.

I checked to make sure it was good before I signed for it.