iPhone 4 shutter speed

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ricinator, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Ricinator macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I have noticed that my iPhone 4's camera is responding slightly slower than it should. The virtual "shutter" is acting a little slower when it closes and takes a photo. After comparing with my brother's iP4 and my friends, it is obvious that it is slower. It takes longer for the shutter to open again- almost a second, whereas theirs is almost instant. Is there a fix for this? It is getting quite annoying when I take photos now.

Many thanks,
    Ricinator

2. Ricinator thread starter macrumors newbie

I did a couple of restores too, and it still didn't fix it :mad: Guys please don't say take it to the apple store and exchange one. This is already my 2nd iphone 4 and i'm not bothered to do it again. They'll think I'm doing this on purpose, and it's just too small a problem to exchange for.

3. Resist macrumors 68030

How much memory have you used up on the phone? Sometimes that effects the overall performance.

4. Ricinator thread starter macrumors newbie

My iPhone is 16gb but it only gives you 14gb. I have 9.5gigs left, but as I said, at factory settings (restore) it still was slow. There was absolutely nothing on the phone when restored.

5. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

6. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Yea the HDR obviously takes more time to take and save the photo, since it is putting 3 different photos into one for the best look.

I've noticed the regular (non hdr) camera shots are slower as well. Not a big deal but noticeable.

7. Resist macrumors 68030

If I understand it correctly, the app actually only puts 2 photos together for HDR. It takes 3 photos, 1 without HDR correction and 2 others are used to make the HDR. The result shows you 2 total pictures.

8. Ricinator thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm talking about just the normal shots with HDR off. Obviously HDR is slower because it needs to take 3 photos and save it, but the normal one is noticeably slower. Thanks for the info guys, makes me feel better :D. I'll tell my brother to update to 4.1 as well and see if his becomes slower.

9. alecgold macrumors 6502a

alecgold

It takes 3 pics saves the regular one and uses the THREE pictures to combine them to the HDR picture. The algorithms involved are quite hefty, I understand. I haven't noticed any slower action since 4.1. But I might be just uninterested enough in the speed to notice. It's working perfect for my uses: snapshots!

10. Resist macrumors 68030

I stand corrected, you are right.