iPhone 4 + sides invisible shield + apple bumper

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Torresangel88, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Torresangel88 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Ive read online that the bumper scratches the antenna of the phone that's why I have not put my free apple bumper on. i ordered the sides invisible shield. will the invisible shield on the sides help stop the scratches of the bumper and if I take the bumper off to clean it will it peal off with the invisible shield?

2. brewno macrumors 6502

I didnt use the invisibleshield sides, I used another one from eBay, and it protects pretty well, but the top button (lock button) protection was peeling off. It was a sad sight when I removed my bumper. The rest was fine. Not a single scratch.

3. Torresangel88 thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

good to hear that

4. zentenk macrumors member

invisibleshield works pretty well but doesn't really solve the antenna issue as the shield isnt designed to cover it, and i don't recommend using it unless you got experience in sticking it on, one trickle of water/solution down the headphone jack or the charging dock connecter then your warranty's void.

It also gets really dirty (turns darkish color) after about 2-3 weeks use, if you're a smoker, it's even worse