iPhone 4 Signal drop not much after reset network settings?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thesaint580, Jun 27, 2010.

1. thesaint580 macrumors member

I had the same problem as many here. Hold the iPhone 4 in left hand and boom, dropped to 2 bars. Been going on since the launch day. However, I did "Reset Network Settings" and the issue seems to have reduced quite a bit. For instance, it stays at 3 bars now and not at 2. At times it just drops only 1 bar and stays at 4 bars.

Anyone else who could see an improvement by trying this? Atleast a temporary fix I guess.

2. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I just turned off/on my phone and my bars are staying at full. No matter what I do, I can't get it to drop all of a sudden. Yesterday, I could make drop to 0 bars within 20 seconds. Probably just a coincidence..

3. thesaint580 thread starter macrumors member

I have been testing it since all morning trying to get the bars down to 2 in as many places as possible. Most of the times it stays at 4 or 3. May be its a coincidence; however, worth the try I guess.

4. ohnoitsmatto macrumors newbie

I had been having the same problem too. I remember reading somewhere that the issues have something to do with restoring your new 4 to an old 3GS backup. Something didn't want to cooperate with each other I guess. I'm thinking the RF calibration settings were different to those which are needed in the 4. Apple should have seen this coming if this is the case. tut tut..

Anyways, I had just remembered this little trick to fixing it, and I'm happy to say that I haven't had any reception issues with the lower left corner since I reset my network settings.

Very good news for me, especially because I had been completely screwed for being left handed.:rolleyes: