iPhone 4 signal inconsistant after jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by james92se, Aug 30, 2010.

1. james92se macrumors 6502a

My signal/reception is very inconsistent now on my iPhone 4. I know the phone didn't originally do this when I got the phone in June. When I first got the phone, I constantly had a rock solid 5 full bars and blazing fast 3G (5+ mbps) virtually 24/7 at my home in Dallas, TX. I couldn't even get it to drop down to 4 bars by doing the "death grip" on the phone.

However, lately, I've been noticing that I rarely have 5 full bars. Most of the time, I have 4 bars. Beyond that, I'll sometimes have no bars at all. And like I said, it will all too often fluctuate between no signal at all and 4-5 bars. I can be watching a YouTube video, and it will suddenly drop from 5 full bars, to no bars/signal at all for a minute or two, and then back again, over and over.

Is this a possible "side effect" of the jailbreak or some specific jailbroken app? I don't want to jump to conclusions here, and I LOVE my 3G unrestrictor, iBlacklist, and SBSettings, but I know for a fact my phone didn't do this before jailbreaking (or at least for the first few weeks I had the phone), and I haven't made any other changes to my phone.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced