iPhone 4 signal is complete garbage!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HXGuy, Jun 23, 2010.

1. HXGuy macrumors 68000

They need to release an update to fix this and fast.

I'm sitting here with my 3G iPad and my wife's 3G iPhone. The iPad has 5 bars, the 3G iPhone has 4-5 bars and the iPhone 4 goes between searching to 3 bars at random.

I was thinking it was just a glitch in how it was showing the signal but I tried to make a call and nothing, it just sits there trying to dial out.

2. alana22 macrumors regular

3. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

Fix your thread title to say say YOUR signal is garbage. My iPhone 4 has a much better signal then my 3G did. I couldn't even use my 3G at my house. Been using the new phone all day with no probes.

4. iPhonedHome macrumors 6502

Wow! Another happy Apple customer. Seriously thinking of passing on my reservation. Really disappointed!

5. sandkicks macrumors member

i am having the same problem and think it is garbage too. i am paying money now to att and not getting good reception at all.

6. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

pass on it then.

7. alana22 macrumors regular

I think this is fate telling me to wait for the white iphone. Might bail on my reservation tomorrow too

8. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

You guys believe too much bs on these forums. The phone is amazing.

9. LLL1424 macrumors 6502

LLL1424

The signal issue and the yellow tint issue are real...for some if not most of those who got the first batch. My phones reception is actually great and no yellow tint on my screen....very crisp white vivid picture here. i do know the yellow pain though...my 3gs on launch was yellow...hated it. but my iphone 4 is great.

10. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

I wouldnt panic just yet if I were you guys. Happy customers dont complain, if they did the forum wouldve gone down by now.

Worst comes to worst you go back to your old phone until you can get a replacement in a month.

11. HXGuy thread starter macrumors 68000

So you're saying I'm making this post because I believe too much BS? You dont think I'm personally experiencing this?

I don't have the yellow spot issue but definitely have a signal issue and an issue with the proximity sensor.

12. cooljoe349 macrumors regular

cooljoe349

13. ianray macrumors 6502

If your iPhone 4 is losing service, and neighbouring devices are ok, then that is a hardware/software fault that Apple must fix for you.

It may be the case that immature software algorithms cause this. (In which case, expect a 4.0.x update really soon.)

As a more general comment (not aimed at you, HXGuy!) it is better to make objective tests (voice call clarity, internet download speed) than simply look at signal bars. Of course, the signal bars must give a reasonable indication of expected call-quality -- and the feedback suggests that they do not, for iPhone 4, currently.

14. ryank808 macrumors regular

I'm having the same problem. When phone is on its own it goes between 2-5 bars. when holding it, it goes down to no bars. I tried testing it with the internet for a brief time. and after a short time the website slowed and eventually stopped loading.