iPhone 4 Signal Issue Cause By Case!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Burntfender, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Burntfender macrumors member

Hi guys, so i just bought a case for my iPhone 4. I live in an area of good reception, and I have never experienced a "death grip" scenario. At most when i grip the phone i will lose 1 maybe two bars of reception- which is generally not an issue
    However, since buying a case, i have found that the signal issues have certainly come into play, with the case making the phone lose 4 bars very quickly (though i have actually lost the entire signal with the case on).
    Has anyone else found this problem at all? I find it interesting as Apple and everyone else have claimed a case is the solution to the issue, but it seems at least in my scenario it has done the exact opposite- and caused me to have the problem.

This video shows exactly what im talking about :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi2byR0orho

2. patp Guest

What kind of case & material?

Christ, that video is longwinded. Get to the point.

Is your case made of metal or ? It's known that certain materials, cases will affect the antenna.

Maybe post some info on the case maker and or materials.

3. Burntfender thread starter macrumors member

4. Burntfender thread starter macrumors member

As i said in the video, it isnt made of metal. And sorry for it being longwinded. I just wanted to clarify a few things before i get people accusing me of other reasons as to why it was happening.

5. patp Guest

you might want to edit your original post and indicate the brand, type of case you have. Not all will want to watch your video and wait for the info.

if the point is to warn others of this issue, having all the relevant info would be much more helpful to all.

Your first post is a little vague. The video, it takes some time to get to the good parts. Post more useful info in this thread. You'll attract more people who may have had the same issues, found a solution, but probably don't have the time or patience to watch the video all the way thru.

6. samshonk macrumors newbie

Yes I brought this case in pink and really affected my 3G & signal!! Swapped it back for my sillicon one problem gone?!! Must be what it is made of!! Weird haha