Iphone 4 signal lost! reboot needed!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phusuke, Jun 26, 2010.

1. phusuke macrumors newbie

Hey I am having a major problem with my new iPhone4! My signal dies and ges completely flat suddenly and i need to reboot the phone for the signal to come back!!
    This means i am rebooting my fone 2-3 times everyday! :(( Does anyone know how to deal with this??
    Also this seems to happen more at home (brooklyn). Does not seem to happen at work( manhattan)

Can someone please sugest something?

anand

2. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

Are you holding it the "wrong" way? Maybe a bumper can fix it. Or you or your cell tower have an actual problem. Go to the Apple store and swap your phone.

3. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

4. phusuke thread starter macrumors newbie

guess what!

hey i figured out something for this.. hope this will be useful to others.. and maybe a software fix on the way...

So when i am home i am on WiFi. and whenevr i am on wifi i get this problem!!
    I jus disabled wifi and have not been having this problem for a while.. let me see if it persists..
    Also when WiFi is disabled the problem of signal dopeed in 'holding the wrong way' is reduced not eliminated though. On WiFi this problem is very acute and the signal goes all the way down imediately.
    Airplane mode and bak doesnt help :( needs reboot

hope a fix comes through!

5. tsdid macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. It happened on my 3GS after I loaded os 4. Then I bought the iPhone 4 and I have the same problem. Just to confirm what happens to me is all of a sudden I will have 0 bars and no matter where you go in the house it doesn't refresh. I have to redraft my phone to get the bars back. If I have this problem and turn wi fi off will the bars come back? I wander it it's the type of wi fi you have because it doesn't seem to happen to me at work.