iPhone 4 sim card in GoPhone.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Hiru, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Hiru macrumors newbie

Is it possible to switch from an iPhone 4 to a GoPhone? I need to sell my iPhone and I have an old GoPhone laying around. I know that the micro sim card won't likely fit in the sim card slot so I bought the adapter.

However, I'm really worried about my what's going to happen with my current plan. Will it affect/change anything? Or will my monthly charges remain the same(despite not using any of the data)? I'm obviously new and inexperienced with this stuff, any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been scouring google but every link has something to do with changing the iPhone into a gophone(not the other way around).And no, I don't want to switch to pay as you go. Basically, I would like to know if popping my iPhone 4 sim card into a gophone will change anything. Thanks.:)

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Call AT&T and have your data cancelled. :) You should be good.

3. Hiru thread starter macrumors newbie

Do I even need to cancel the data? Or is it just the best thing to do? I wouldn't actually mind still paying for it(will be getting the new iphone eventually). But will canceling the data or altering anything with my plan affect my ability to do the uprgade once the new iPhone is released?

4. Hiru thread starter macrumors newbie