Iphone 4 sim card issue, Perhaps 4.3 issue as well

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Krazyhaze, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Krazyhaze macrumors newbie

I keep getting a message that no sim card is installed on my Iphone 4. When it happens I lose my at&t service. I can do a hard reset and everything is fine again for awhile, but the message will come back again and I just rinse and repeat with a reset. It first happened three days after I installed ios 4.3 and It took about a week for the message to reappear. Now it's worse to the point that I have to do a reset at least twice a day. I removed and reinstalled the sim card and that didn't help.

My question is where do I go for help? Do I contact AT&T maybe to replace the sim card? Or, do I contact Apple for an issue with the Iphone? It's just weird that it happened after the install of 4.3.

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Look like hardware issue to me. Contact Apple and bring it back for them to check.

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Make sure that this is something you can reproduce for the genius. Some of them can be hard asses, though I've usually had good luck. If you can bring it in when it's showing no sim, that'd be golden.

4. Krazyhaze thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, thats going to be the hard part. It's so random and I'm not that close to an Apple store where I can just hop on over on a seconds notice. It didn't happen at all yesterday and today it happened twice so far. This is going to be a fun one. Thanks for you're help.