iPhone 4 Sim Stuck in Tray

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tantrix, Dec 9, 2010.

1. tantrix macrumors newbie

I was trying to cut a bigger sim card into a microsim and I think I cut it too much.. Now the sim is stuck inside my iphone 4 and the tray wouldn't pop out.. no matter how hard i pull.. tray even started getting a little bent from me trying..

I recently paid $650 for this phone in US.. don't want to lose on first try..
    please help!

2. tantrix thread starter macrumors newbie

would really appreciate some comments.. thanks!

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I had this happen to me when I put my micro sim/adapter into my 3GS from my 4. Eventually the micro sim got stuck. I broke the adapter and sim tray while getting the micro sim out. Pieces of the adapter were still stuck in the iPhone (an hour of trying to get it out). I had to take apart the iPhone and remove the left over pieces.

4. tantrix thread starter macrumors newbie

In the iPhone 4, opening it seems to be even a tougher task than the older models (to get to the SIM assembly)...

Since the top of the SIM tray is bent.. wonder if Genius bar will consider the warranty already void..

5. Picasa99 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem on my iphone4. Custom cut simcard is now stuck in the tray and wont come out. Is there really a way to get it out?

Opening the iphone 4 and doing would also work, but need some guidance. Please help!!!!