iphone 4 sim + upgrade question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by unhap, Oct 10, 2010.

1. unhap macrumors newbie

So here's the deal.

I'm on a family share plan and I got my iphone 3gs in August of last year. That means I can upgrade to an iphone 4 for 200$ next year in august I think or for 400$ now.

The plot thickens: my sister has a 3gs as well, and is eligible for a full on upgrade. She couldn't care less about an iphone 4 or her contract length.

If she gets the upgrade priced iphone 4 for 200$, will she be able to somehow use her old iphone 3gs and give me the iphone 4, which I could then activate or hacktivate using either my current sim which I would have to cut, or a new micro sim?

The real question here is how to get my sister back on her iphone 3gs after she goes into the store and upgrades to the 4.

Could I do this by buying the 4 off the apple website, and then just never having her activate it? Just jailbreak +hacktivate it on my end?

I read somewhere that microsims are tied to their hardware using ICCID to prevent people from using ipad sims in their phones, so I dont think (?) I could use one of those little micro-sim adapters.

2. unhap thread starter macrumors newbie

there's no way to get an unactivated iphone 4 with the discount is there? (ordering online or something?)

that way she could just continue to use her 3gs as normal and I could activate the iphone 4 with my sim?