Iphone 4 SIM

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bobbyroller, Aug 21, 2010.

1. bobbyroller macrumors member

Heres the deal.

I am going to pay my friend some money for him to get a a I4 on his plan because he has a upgrade and he is going to give me the I4 and I was going to unlock it for Tmo. My friend was going to take the SIM out if the I4 and put it into the 3g and give the I4 to me. Little did I no the SIMs are different. What can I do to fix This?

Solutions?

Will a SIM card adapter work?

Go to the ATT store and say I dropped my I4 in water (but you didn't) and ask to have the data on the micro sim transferred to a norm sim to put in the 3g that he already has? Will this work. Will the I4 then be "inactivated?"

2. CC424 macrumors regular

The adapter will work...in fact i just used a piece a tape to just try in on the sim tray and it worked. I would not suggest it for a permenant fix!

3. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

I'm not following what your problem is really. he got you an iphone 4 on his contract and he/you have another iphone 3G for him to use. WAlk into AT&T and tell them exactly that. I don't see why they would care who uses what. They will just give you a microsim and give him a normal sim and activate both sims accordingly. I mean this about it, to them they are earning what they are suppose to regardless of who gets what under whos name or whos contract.

Thanks
    AE

4. CC424 macrumors regular

Not if he is going to take the phone to T-Mo!