iPhone 4 single click registers as a double click

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by goughbradley, Apr 20, 2011.

1. goughbradley macrumors newbie

The title really says it all. My iPhone works awesome, but maybe 5 times a day, clicking the home button to close an app will bring up the multi-tasking tray. Sometimes it will do that 3 or 4 times in a row and then not again for the rest of the day. The phone works perfect other than that, but it's just really annoying. I tried to talk to a genius about it to see if there was a way to clean out the home button or something, he couldnt reproduce the error so there was nothing he could do for me...

Anyone else had this issue, and did you find any way to resolve it? Sorry if this has been asked before. I couldn't find this issue anywhere else online.

Thanks,
    Brad

2. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Its well known as Apple's quality degrades, that home buttons on iPhone 4's fail early. Take it back for attention or repair.

3. himesh macrumors regular

That happened to me as well, went to the apple shop they ran some diagnostics on it and said they couldn't find a problem with it, but my iPhone had claimed it overheated in cold weather, luckily I screenshotted it and they replaced my one for me, even with a nice chip on the corner of it. Can't beat Apple customer service.

4. caspersoong macrumors 6502a

Happens on my iPod touch as well. But, because I am a pianist and my fingers are ultra-sensitive, I know that my finger vibrated just slightly when pressing, causing it to be sensed as 2 clicks. I don't know whether this is the same for you or not.