IPHONE 4 Sky mobile streaming! HELP NEEDED!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dapacraig, Aug 9, 2011.

1. dapacraig macrumors newbie

This is my first post on here, last night i signed up to the sky mobile app to get access to all the sports channels for 8 pound a month thinking I could stream via my apple tv 2! To my disappointment it didn't work but after reading different forums I found there may be a way around that? Is this true? I saw a video on youtube where they guy bought the digital AV adaptor from apple (£35) and simply plugged it into his Ipad 2 then the HDMI into the adaptor and low and behold it mirrored whatever was on his Ipad! I wondered if this would also work with the I phone 4 as he didn't show the phone in the video but did mention it several times! Any help will be much appreciated.....I just don't want to waste £35 on the adaptor if it will not work.

Regards

Craig

2. funnoam macrumors member

It will not work.

Unfortunately, Apple enabled this function on iPad 2 only with this cable.

There is an HDMI adaptor for iPhone 4, but I don't think it will work for sky mobile. The mirroring function is disabled and only compatible app can display something on the screen (like pictures, movies...)

3. dapacraig thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, Ive seen people get Sky mobile through there tv but no one explains how they did it! Although Ive heard you need to jailbrake the phone and get some cydia app then it should work, but still unsure on what cable i would need etc.

Would you know anymore about this?