Iphone 4 Sleep/Wake button stuck

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Zach M, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Zach M macrumors newbie

Hey everyone. As the title says my sleep/wake button is stuck. My phone is 20 days out of warranty :mad: so I'd have to pay 150 bucks to get it replaced. I'm hoping that the release of the iphone 5 will be soon, so I'd rather not pay to have this phone fixed for another month or 2 of use. I was going to use the trick where you take the back plate off and use a piece of paper between the button and the sensor, but i don't think there is a screwdriver that small in existance :confused: I used the accessibility options to lock my phone via touch commands and i'm fine with that, but a question i have is, i can hold that lock command to turn the phone off as i would if the button worked, but i'm afraid that if i do that, i won't be able to turn the phone on by just a touch command. I'm constantly and obsessively monitoring my battery life trying for all i'm worth to have it on a charger when it doesn't need to be by my side so i won't have to face that problem. can anyone with an iphone 4 that works correctly try this and see if you are able to turn the phone back on without the button? or should i just keep doing what i'm doing (not letting the phone die in the first place)

2. sWiFt24 macrumors newbie

honestly what i did was really excessive but it worked was by taking a hammer and a screwdriver and hit the button precisely on the side which was stuck. and it popped right out! ^^
    Good luck! And happy hammering!