Iphone 4 sleep/wake button trouble!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dave4president, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Dave4president macrumors newbie

Okay, I have had my Iphone 4 for about 2 months. Yesterday, out of nowhere my sleep/wake button got jammed into the phone so the only way I can lock my phone is if I press down really hard on the button.(Or, of course just wait the minute for it to lock itself.) The closest Apple store is about an hour and a half away.:( Now, before i go there to have them take a look...I was wondering if, because my screen is cracked in the left hand corner, will they be reluctant to replace my phone? The crack happened a couple of days before this sleep button issue. And its not from dropping it. It has to be a pressure crack because i have not dropped my phone once since I had it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!!:)

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The crack is on the top corner where the power button is?
    They might give you **** for it but you never know.
    Depends on the employee you talk to. Some are strict and when they see physical damage they wont replace it for free and others might be cool about it.

3. Dave4president thread starter macrumors newbie

No the crack is on the other side.(By the vibrate button). I just dont want to go all the way down there if they are going to tell me that i need to fix the screen also. In that case, I would just send it in to them. Thank you for the reply btw.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its a tough one, be extra nice and polite and hope for the best.
    Tell them that you had the crack before the power button issue and you were fine with it but now that your sleep/power button is not functioning you cant use your iphone properly.
    Hopefully they buy it.
    Good luck with it.