iPhone 4 Sleeve from Etsy - LOVE IT!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by enklined, Jul 22, 2010.

1. enklined macrumors 6502

Received my handmade sleeve from a seller on Etsy. The woman was a PLEASURE to deal with. Her ordiginal post only listed the sleeve fitting the 3G/3GS, so I emailed her to confirm it would fit the 4 (just in case...). She promptly replied back stating she had just got the dimensions of the phone from Apple and had made my iPhone 4 sleeve that night.

Check it out below.

Here is her etsy store: http://sundaystitcher.etsy.com/

And here is a pic from her site of the phone (the attachment below is mine):
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Sanveann macrumors 6502

Sanveann

3. Simbazz macrumors regular

After finding the Antennaid on there, I went off in search for other things and its a fantastic website, just for browsing even. Quirky things, and also some useful things.

Sure I'll be keeping and eye on the website.

Is it generally good to use? I mean, I use eBay too, but with a degree of dislike as I know, at any moment, there could be a problem...it happens all too often.

4. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I've never had a problem with etsy...with the caveat that to date, I've stuck with vendors in my own country, so there are no shipping/customs issues to cause delays. Read the vendor's info carefully; some items are custom made with substantial lead times, others are ready to ship immediately.

Most recently, I bought two iPad sleeves and a custom messenger bag from three different vendors. The longest to arrive was the custom bag...even with ordering on a Friday, I had it in and within the week, and the quality on all three items was excellent. Like ebay, look carefully at the pics and description, check the vendors' feedback, and you should be just fine!

5. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

6. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

7. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Some real nice stuff on there lol my bank balance will hurt!!

8. kr00k322 macrumors 6502

Very nice!! I wonder if they'll fit with the bumper on as well. I have a sleeve I use that fits it but those look a lot better.

9. enklined thread starter macrumors 6502

Get the bumper on your phone, take measurements, and ask the seller of the style of sleeve you want if they will make one that fits your needs. I'm going out on a limb here, but I would bet that most sellers would do so. All products on Etsy are custom/handmade, whats adding a 1/8 of an ich to them? Not much extra work.

Yes, Etsy is awesome. Like the other poster after you said, pay attention to feedback and the like. But honestly, I've never had any issue with anyone on Etsy ever. Ive only bought from Etsy twice, but both experiences have been nothing short of perfect. Highly recommended site.

Theres something about buying handcrafted products that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...like buying from the "organic" section at Safeway.

10. insane964 macrumors newbie

Really?!

I'm kind of surprised that people actually buy products for their phone off of Etsy, but in a good way. I myself made my own pouch before I could get a case for my phone, crocheted it and sewed in a cotton lining. I kind of figured most people just bought into the "I bought an expensive phone now I'll spend another $100 to protect it". :)

11. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

BIG fan of Etsy. I bought my iPhone "pouch" a few weeks ago for $20 and LOVE it. An absolute custom fit (with the bumper on).

[​IMG]

12. kr00k322 macrumors 6502

Thanks I contacted her and she messaged me back pretty fast. I just measured with the bumper sent it and told her it was for the iPhone 4 with the bumper and I'll be set soon. Oh and this was her response just in case any others want to order from her as well especially bumper users.

This is the one that I ordered.

[​IMG]

"Hi! The way I sew them does not allow room for the bumper. However, I make each to order... so just measure the width and depth with the bumper and send it to me in your order message. Also mention you need the case for an iphone 4. I'll make it to size.

thanks!
    "

13. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Very pretty! If I end up ordering another one, I'll look into that one. I like it :)

14. kr00k322 macrumors 6502

My other cam isn't with me so I can't show pics of it in the sleeve with the bumper on but it fits pretty nice..the bumper is right at the tip but that's because of my measurements. Overall great quality.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]