iPhone 4 Slip and Fall !!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BKNY, Jul 4, 2010.

1. BKNY macrumors member

i really hate the new glass on the iPhone 4, my iPhone 4 have slipped and fall twice on me already .. due to the slippery surface of the glass.

and yes i already know the bumper solve every known issue but why do i need to buy something i don't use .. i like using my iPhone naked..

*** slip and fall when i place it on a table..
    not while holding it in my hands ***

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Is it really that slippery? It should have some traction. I'd say get a case of some sort, even a cheap one would be less slippery.

3. BKNY thread starter macrumors member

nice one lol

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

If you don’t care if you scratch it up (I think that’s what you meant in the OP), then take sandpaper to it and that may roughen it up.

5. BKNY thread starter macrumors member

yep it is.. it slipped on me the first night lol.. it was so dramatic the way i said nooooooooooooooooooo i laughed at my self after lol

even after it slipped on me the first night i was careful not to let it happened again but it did lol

6. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

youre suppose to grip the phone by the sides....

7. BKNY thread starter macrumors member

lol i know that.. it slip and fall when i place it on a table lol

8. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Mine has slipped off my bed a few times and onto the carpet. It was ok both times. It is very slippery.

9. srs148 macrumors newbie

i picked up a black silicone case from radio shack for $20 that works great to protect the phone. Admittedly, it makes it seem bulkier, but i feel much less squeamish handing it over to friends and family (especially the kids) to admire and play with.

10. spiketrain macrumors newbie

It's a slippery customer alright!

Yeah, after extensive unintentional testing, I can confirm that the glass on the iPhone 4 does indeed harbour a hovercraft like air cushion between it and some table tops etc. Put it down flat on the lid of a MacBook laptop for instance and watch it move by itself! I have so far done some iPhone surfing off our fibreglass bathtop, kitchen surfaces and coffee tables. When this air pocket won't work, like when the phone is lying on bedding, it automatically switches to "just plain slippy" and slides off the bed. Little wonder Apple provide the "find my iPhone" app for free. These phones will not stay where you put them. I am perpetually running round the house after mine!

11. idonotliketostu macrumors 6502

12. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Sorry, but how the hell does it slide off a table? An ice cube won't slide off my dining table or countertops, I think you need to make sure your house is level...

13. Injector macrumors newbie

Chortle :D

14. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

And the difference in slipperiness -- the slip quotient -- is how much compared to 3GS?

15. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

16. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

I put my iphone 4 on a table that i thought was flat and left it, 45 mins later I find it on the floor.
    turns out the table tilts 1.2º.....