Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zacware

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
I was at a car dealership, and didn't realize I was holding my phone such that it was able to slip out of the leather case and onto the pavement. I watched in horror as it skidded away from me. Amazingly, there are just a tiny few nicks on the corner edge of the glass at the bottom of the phone. I'm still kicking myself in the head for letting this happen, but am amazed the rest of the iphone is unaffected.

This is the disadvantage of buying new and shiny things. A few years ago I bought a new nissan and while driving on I-295 out of nowhere a giant wooden spindle that they must use for industrial wire shipments started barreling across the highway and smashed right into the door of my car. Amazing, it only left a small ding, but boy does that take away the fun of new car smell.

jfyrfytr25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2008
glad you phone is ok. where are all the people complaining how fragile the phone is?

Charadis

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
Glad to hear it wasn't any more serious than a few chips. Makes me feel a little better about my phone's integrity. :apple:

-C

Sent from my iPhone 4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.