iPhone 4 SMS dilemma

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rahielo, Aug 11, 2011.

1. rahielo macrumors newbie

So, I have many friends (even myself) who like to use our iPads and iPhones to text. We use iPhones for texting when out and sometimes our iPads to text when at home. Now the issue comes that the number we use on the iPad is a google number that also sends a text message to our phones. So we all have two numbers for each other (real and google) and in any messaging app we have used we have two messaging conversations with one person, one from the google number and another from the real number. Now most people will say to simply stop using the google number and done, but does anyone know if there is a way to stack the conversations in any messaging app so that all messages from a single contact (email sms, sms, google sms, etc) show up in a single conversation? I've searched through many forums and I have yet to come up with a solution. Anybody have a solution?

2. res1233 macrumors 65816

res1233

If I'm reading this right, then all you should have to do is add all the numbers to your phone book, then send a message to all of them simultaneously. From then on, make sure only that conversation is used and you should all get the messages.

3. rahielo thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just gave it a shot. Only issue I see is there begins to be double messages in and out due to both numbers receiving a message. Not a huge deal but I can see it getting annoying pretty fast. Not a bad solution though!