iPhone 4 Software

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Californian, Apr 25, 2010.

1. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

So I feel as if there has been so much focus on the leaked iPhone hardware prototype that the software has taken a backseat and I feel that this is a shame. Of course there are a few things that I believe the hardware was lacking ( mostly a camera flash ) to maintain it's standard of functionality, but if the software remains where it stands after our os 4.0 preview, I feel that the iPhone is still greatly lacking in the innovation sense. I know there will be a plethora of people that say they like the iPhone software exactly where it stands, but if we're honest with ourselves ... a homescreen "hub" has been around much longer than the iPhone has and I don't feel it's too much to ask for me to be able to have all of my important information right there when I "slide to unlock".

All that said, I am in a boat in which I feel like the iPhone add's such a convenience to my life through it's syncing capabilities with my Mac's that I'm willing to let these features suffer, but to be honest ... I don't know how long that will last. I guess it comes down to the same things I believe about computers in general. Yes, there are others out there that will do it better, with more power, and in a much more flashy way ... but none of them will pull it off in the classy, safe, and consistent manner in which Apple does. Therefore, while I may like the features other products offer ... I will most likely remain with Apple simply for the convenience. Yet, with the iPhone ... i'm not sure how long that will last.

Just thought I would share my ramblings. Ignore them are your leisure.

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

lacking a camera flash? did you not see the pics and videos? it has a small led flash on the back next to the camera.

[​IMG]

The software for the 4th gen iPhone may hold a couple of surprises you never know, apple may have left stuff out of the iphone 3g and 3gs 4.0 ipsw files but we wont really know till apple announce the new phone at wwdc

3. The Californian thread starter macrumors 68040

The Californian

I was specifically speaking of previous iPhone iterations and what they were lacking.

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

ooooh you said was lacking lol I'll go hide my head in shame hehe