Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crazytiger86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
For some reason, i was playing with my ringtones settings on a replacement iP4 and I noticed that there was speaker distortion on this one. If you have an iP4, go to your sound settings, turn your volume way up. Does Marimba or Tri-Tone play with distortion towards the end?

Mine plays with distortion (sounds like the frame or something of the phone is vibrating) until I go down to maybe 70%

Again, on my original launch day iP4 I never noticed this. Is this problem common? I ran a search and found out that it was pretty common with the 3GS but is it common with the iP4s?

Edit: I noticed it only happens with the ringtones and NOT with music that has been turned up all the way. I even put on some screamo to try to make the distortion sound and I couldnt do it.

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

No problems on my iPhone 4, sounds fine.

crazytiger86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
90 views (presumably at least 20% of which are iphone 4 owners) and only one answer?

Injector

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2010
I would never turn my volume right up so perhaps my speaker does distort at full volume but I'm not about to try. At low volume it doesn't and that suits me.

oluaces

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2007
I had the same distortion but...

... fortunately, after rebooting the iPhone 4 it worked perfectly, even at top volume. I tried it with ringtones and with music. By the time you read this answer I hope you have already shut down your phone several times, so I just hope your problem is already solved.

Regards,

trancephussion

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2011
For some reason, i was playing with my ringtones settings on a replacement iP4 and I noticed that there was speaker distortion on this one. If you have an iP4, go to your sound settings, turn your volume way up. Does Marimba or Tri-Tone play with distortion towards the end?

Mine plays with distortion (sounds like the frame or something of the phone is vibrating) until I go down to maybe 70%

Again, on my original launch day iP4 I never noticed this. Is this problem common? I ran a search and found out that it was pretty common with the 3GS but is it common with the iP4s?

Edit: I noticed it only happens with the ringtones and NOT with music that has been turned up all the way. I even put on some screamo to try to make the distortion sound and I couldnt do it.

anyways, you found teh reason or any fix for this issue? Mine has exactly the same problem as u described

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.