iPhone 4 speaker interference all of the sudden..

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Crypty, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Crypty, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2010

Crypty macrumors newbie

So with the iPhone 4, I am now getting that annoying electromagnetic interference from the wireless. It happens pretty frequently when the phone is on my desk, even a couple feet from the speaker equipment. I also noticed it happening in my car. The funny thing is, it just started happening a few days ago. It never did this in the past, not once.
    Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. Crypty thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah so I may have figure it out a little bit. It seems the phone is using EDGE a lot more than usual, and since I have a wireless network in my place, the signal bars show up instead of the E icon.

Still not sure why i'm getting an EDGE connection so much lately though.

3. JASApplications macrumors 65816

can you get 3G on another iPhone in the same place?

4. Crypty thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll have to test it when someone comes by with an iPhone. 3G is Enabled and does kick in every now and then so maybe it's something going on with the towers and service in the area. I'm more suspecting at&t is to blame than my hardware.

5. Crypty thread starter macrumors newbie

My friend's iPhone is in fact doing the same thing 2 miles away so I would say this is definitely just an AT&T issue in my area.