Iphone 4 Speaker Phone Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by danmc00, Nov 18, 2010.

1. danmc00 macrumors regular

I have had my iphone 4 since the release date. It has always been taken care of. I use my speaker phone all the time, but today it started messing up. I can hear the caller but they can't hear me at all. All the other functions work fine and I can make normal calls with speaker phone off. Has anyone else had this problem? The nearest Apple store is 6 hours from me.

2. danmc00 thread starter macrumors regular

I also have a problem with recording video now. There is no sound when I record anymore.
    I can watch all my older videos that have sound with no problem, but any new video I take doesn't pick up the sound.

3. iPhisch macrumors 6502

i had the reverse of this problem back in august. people could hear me but the sound coming out of th external speaker was muffled and crunchy sounding. i took it to the apple store and they gave me a new one 5 minutes later. might want to call your local retailer.

4. danmc00 thread starter macrumors regular

I preordered my phone from AT&T and they shipped it to me. I figured if I took it back to AT&T they would just send it off. I can't be without my phone since I use it for my business.

5. steveguyalive macrumors newbie

I have the very same issues with my new 4S from Sprint. Will try a restore.