iPhone 4 speaker question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chimpboy74, Aug 26, 2013.

1. chimpboy74, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013

chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

No, not that question!!!

Both myself and my wife have iPhone 4. I was using hers the other day and noticed that when watching video or playing music if I put my finger over the speaker it really blocks the sound. To the point of almost not being able to hear it. On mine if I do the same there is only a very slight muffling effect (almost no effect at all in fact). I'm curious as to why that might be. The only thing I can think us that I got my home button replaced (local guy) and he's done something to the speaker.

Not a massive deal but like I say, just curious as to why it might be.

Sorry if this has been asked about before but a search didnt find anything relevant

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

could be a blown speaker or not all of the contacts are properly seated. how does it sound when its uncovered? i forget, but there could be small rubber trim around the speaker module, which has to be removed for button replacement, which usually seals parts of the phone. these rubber surrounds could be worn/torn/left out after replacement as they are held on with adhesive.

3. chimpboy74, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013

chimpboy74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

Thanks. Sound is ok when playing on speaker. Just curious as I plan on selling my phone for the 5c (assuming the c has the features/price I want!)
    I sell on eBay and like to be brutally honest about state of phone. Just wasn't sure if this was an issue or a sign of an issue just around the corner!!!

Not sure i will get much for my 4 as its pretty scratched (front screen and lens cover) and the home button isn't working at all