Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rossi1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
Hello everyone, this is my first time on the forum and I am having a problem with my speaker/receiver. When I call someone I don't hear the other person unless my phone is on speaker mode or through my headphones. I have googled this problem and apparently it's common. I have removed whatever plastic I had to, I have plugged/unplugged headphones into the jack, and am now doing a restore. If you guys have any suggestions, please let me know! :( Thanks for your time!

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
My cousin seems to always have this issue with her iPhone 4, and for her simply using a can of compressed air and spraying it into the the headphone jack (lightly) has solved this issue.

bababooey03

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2011
I've had the same issue for the last month and got tired of the annoyance. My issue was with the ear piece it was a buzzing noise that sounds like a blown speaker which I feel is the problem. I had my phone for less than 2 months and finally decided to call Verizon for a resolution. They are sending me a refurbished Iphone so hopefully I wont have any further issues but feel it will crap out as well. If I were you I would call them and see what they can do for you. You should be able to get a replacement if it's still under warranty.

maclaptop

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2011
Western Hemisphere
I've had the same issue for the last month and got tired of the annoyance. My issue was with the ear piece it was a buzzing noise that sounds like a blown speaker which I feel is the problem. I had my phone for less than 2 months and finally decided to call Verizon for a resolution. They are sending me a refurbished Iphone so hopefully I wont have any further issues but feel it will crap out as well. If I were you I would call them and see what they can do for you. You should be able to get a replacement if it's still under warranty.

You're right, this is a weak area. However the good news is after the fourth one Apple is still giving us replacements. That's the beauty of the profit Apple makes, they have an unlimited budget for replacements. They are the easiest company when it comes to replacing their products even when out of warranty.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
My sister in law had the same problem. She took it to Apple and they replaced it no worries.

You should try contacting Apple or if you have a store near by booking a genius appointment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.